Tuesday 6 March 2007

L&V swap goodness

Better late than never, I thought I'd post my Lime & Violet Pr0n Exchange survey answers. Goodness, but I'm excited about this. Laura's first swap! Anyway:

1. What kind of fibers do you prefer?
Natural fibres, mostly wool... baa!

2. What kind of weight do you prefer (sock, worsted, bulky)?
Sock yarn is awesome! I knit a lot of worsted and DK too, though.

3. Do you spin?
Not yet, though I just ordered a drop spindle so hope to get started very soon. This is possibly one of the most exciting things that has happened to me recently. Well, that and getting engaged.

4. Do you crochet?
A little, though I’m even worse at crochet than I am at knitting. My first crochet scarf was very wobbly.

5. Are there any books, patterns, magazines would you like to own that you don't?
Not that I can think of… I get most of my patterns online at the moment.

6. Are you participating in any themed a-longs like the Project Spectrum?
I’ve signed up for Socktopia but have been so bogged down with essays since the new year I haven’t been able to participate much which makes me very sad.

7. Do you have a wishlist on Amazon.com or Half.com?
Amazon, here.

8. Any Etsy stores that you would love to get something from?
Oooh, Etsy! My favourite sellers include mainewoodsyarn, copperpot and smokymountainfibers.

9. What other crafty things are you involved in (quilting, drawing, painting)?
Letter writing, card making, stamping.

10. What is your favorite sort of scent?
Herbal scents, nothing too sweet.

11. Do you have a sweet tooth and what kind of sweets do you like best?
Chocolate! (though not Nestle) Orange and mint flavours are my favourite.

12. What kind of music do you like?
Alternative, folk-punk, the more ambient side of gothic, classical, choral singing (I’m a bit of a choir freak).

13. What do you like to knit? And for whom?
Just starting out as a sock knitter and loving it so far. I also like knitting mitts, scarves and other small projects, mostly for myself and friends and family.

14. What sort of things do you like to collect?
Stationery, rubber stamps, the odd zine, feminist books, tatty paperback classics.

15. Do you want needles? And what kind do you prefer?
My needle collection is very eclectic, mostly pairs I’ve picked up secondhand. I like knitting needles giving them a welcome home.

No comments: