Monday 22 January 2007

The joy of comfort knitting

Woke up in the middle of the night last night with an agonising cramp-like pain in the back of my neck. Still not being able to turn my head or sit up without great care this morning, went off to A&E with my fiance when he left for work (I'm very lucky to be engaged to a lovely someone who happens to work in a hospital), returning home a couple of hours later with some pain killers and advice to just wait it out. Pulled muscle probably from sleeping funny. Wonderful.

Thus today I have been curled up under a blanket, sitting very still and knitting my way through Calorimetry using a ball of Noro Kureyon I picked up in York last week when I went to visit my sister. Beautiful stuff! I adore the way the colours are coming out, all dark greens and dusky purples -- just looking at them makes me feel better, even more so than the pain killers and a jam doughnut.

Alas, if only I could say the same for my socks. Having figured out the basics with Thuja, I thought I'd have a go at these lovelies. Several froggings later however, I'm feeling very much the novice knitter I am and very frustrated at the bloody stitches that keep wandering off somewhere when I'm not looking. Annoying of them.

I think I'm going to have another jam doughnut.

No comments: