Tuesday 5 June 2007

Seven random facts about me

Eek, I completely forgot I'd been tagged by Yarngeek for this! Anyone who reads this may consider themelves tagged if they wish to be so (I'm feeling too shy to go out tagging people, and I think a lot of people have done this already). Please leave a comment if you have your own seven random facts, I love to read them. But anyway, here are mine:

1. I love the smell of old paperback books. I know it's one of those clichéd favourite smells, but it really makes me happy. Even better if the book's spine is broken and the pages dog-eared. Then I know it's a really well-loved book.
2. I'm allergic to red wine, the only alcohol I really ever drink. It makes my skin blotchy and my eyes and nose itch like mad. Such a shame.
3. I have really big hair. It's not so bad now it's longer, but when I was in my teens I had it short and it suck out in a triangle shape. People at school used to say I looked like Side-Show Bob from the Simpson's which was not great fun!
4. Having nothing to fill my time with freaks me out. After finishing my second year of university I started having anxiety attacks over the summer mostly because of the shock of not having any assignments to do. I think this plays a massive part of why I love to knit – it keeps me busy.
5. I don't drive and you'll have to drag me kicking and screaming and hissing like a deranged cat to get me to do so. I resent the fact that driving seems a mandatory part of today's society. Public transport suits me just find right now, even if it's inconvenient at times.
6. My first memory was of not liking soup, which is really quite appropriate as I've grown up to be a really fussy eater.
7. I have (almost) the same terrible handwriting as my father. His excuse is that he learned to write before he worked out he's as blind as a bat. I have no idea what mine is, but I keep expecting the Human Genome Project to announce a bad handwriting gene one of these day.

No comments: