Thursday 14 June 2007

Ooh, successes!

"Your tutors join me in offering congratulations on being awarded a First Class Degree. It represents the culmination of a great deal of hard work and effort, which has been justly rewarded. I hope that your future plans will be e quallysuccessful."

I feel so clever! It's the result I'd be hoping but I hadn't dared anticipate. Of course it's soured a bit by the fact that three years studying means not working thus not gaining any experience to find a job now (and they tell you if you don't go to university you won't get a god job!), but seriously I'm thrilled. I've worked damned hard these last few years and I'm so glad it's paid off. Hurrah!

That was success number one of the week :) Success number two was finally finishing my first skein of plied handspun (after getting frustrated on my first try because it wasn't well balanced). It may not be perfect (some bits are really lumpy), but I'm happy.

First plied handspun


After the singles I'm spinning right now, I'm thinking joining the Spun Stitches KAL and buying some natural black fibre (perhaps alpaca) to knit into a shawl. I've never taken part in a knit-a-long before, but I really like the look of this one. I like the idea of knowing what I'm spinning has a destined project since right now I have no idea what to do with my handspun other than snuggle it.

2 comments:

Hannah. said...

A massive well done to you! :D
I'm actually off to write your letter in a moment...
xxx
P.S. Would you be intrested in exchanging links on our respective blogspots?

Laura said...

Ooh yes, definitely. I've added a link to you you... I really like your blog title :)

Thank you for the congrats. It feels strange knowing my time in full time education is over for good! I really look forward to hearing from you xx

P.S. Sorry for the slow reply. Had a very hectic day travelling on Monday, only just catching up with things.