I've decided, at least for now, to keep each skein I finish in its own zip-lock bag with note on what I learned from its spinning: what I felt went well, what didn't, what I liked about the fibre, etc. Hopefully this will help me improve bit by bit. Hopefully! I've already spun the second ounce of handpainted fibre that came with the kit (lovely pale and hot pinks, with the odd touch of mauve)... washed and hung it up to set the twist today.
Other than spinning, I've also been working on my mum's Waffle Socks. Finishing of the toe of sock one forced my to learn the three needle bind-off since I managed to leave my yarn needles in Oxford before coming up to Scott's for Easter break. I'd like to say that was my subconscious telling me to learn a new technique, but no I'm just forgetful. Second sock is just coming up for the heel, so with any luck I'll be able to get them finished before we travel down to Sussex on Thursday. That is, if a trip into Doncaster market finds me some yarn needles tomorrow, otherwise I'm stuck for weaving in the ends.