Monday 8 January 2007

My year of knit

Very very nearly finished the purple gift scarf I've been working on for the past week. Just a little bit of a skein left to knit and it should be done (two skeins used in total, meaning I have a fair few left to ponder what to do with at a later date), save for weaving in the ends which I always find oddly therapeutic. While knitting, I've been spending the last few days making a mental "to knit" list for 2007, but am determined my next project will be finishing the Thuja socks. I seems silly to give up on them now, seeing as I finally got my head (mostly) around turning the heel.

I have decided 2007 should be my "year of knit". I'm fed up with knitting the simple stuff; my aim is to try as many different projects as possible over the next twelve month and to improve my knitting skills. Other than the projects I've mentioned in my last few posts, I'd love to knit my first jumper or cardigan. My big ambitious aim in to knit a yoked fair isle garment, since I have always had a great love of such wonders. Who knows if I'll actually manage it, but one can but dream.

No comments: